FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

Most (physical) pain you have ever felt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 OBV10U3_NINJA

OBV10U3_NINJA

youtube.com/ob103ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

What's the most agonizingly painful thing that you have ever had to live through?

List more than one case if you like, and definitely cases that you have at least witnessed.

I remember (vividly of course) several years ago when we were building the treehouse, my dad was screwing in the gigantic base-boards for the platform to be built on top of... He screwed in one end already, but when he went to get the other end, he forgot to screw it in and let go. It swung down, and guess who was right at the bottom when it was swinging the fastest? Me.

It hit me in the crotch with more punch than anything I have ever felt in my entire life - enough to actually send me flying. I'm not even kidding.

Grh7j4L.png

That guy who edits their posts every time

#2 Cayda

Cayda

Party Cat

• Senior MemberFriendliest Friend 2016
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

I've been pretty lucky, overall. I can think of a couple incidents though that were severely uncomfortable.

The worst was probably when I picked up a horseshoe fresh out of the forge. I walked by the anvil, saw it sitting, and without thinking I went to pick it up even though I just saw the farrier put it there. Burned the fuck out of all my fingertips. Somehow I managed to nonchalantly let go of it and I walked slowly to the nearest sink to run cold water on my hand. I didn't want anyone to know how dumb I was. I wrapped a cold paper towel around my hand, went to my mom (who was busy chatting with farrier), and asked her if we could go home. When we got in the car, I showed her what I had done. She made me get out of the car, and go show the farrier so that he could laugh at me. ;_; I deserved all of it, probably. Dem blisters. Wasn't bad enough to scar, thankfully.

#3 chooch23

chooch23

Fire Type Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

My worst pain and worst pain seen were both on the soccer pitch. 

During a practice, I went to get a ball out of the net. My friend took a shot on goal, and naturally, I'd try to stop it. I blocked with with my palm and felt a sharp pain shoot through my wrist. I waited it out to see if the swelling went down and continue on with the practice. I couldn't, so I went to the ER. It was swollen the size of a tennis ball so I thought it was a fracture, but it was just a really bad sprain. But because of that, I missed the county finals for baseball and we got destroyed.

The worst I witnessed was my friend when in a soccer game. He had the ball and got slide tackled by some kid and landed hard on his arm. He sat up calmly and said, "I just broke my wrist." He was so in shock that he didn't even respond to the pain. His arm was a deep, dark purple and limper than a wet noodle. Turns out he broke his arm (in two places I think) and was out for two months, which was the whole season. 

uVL5DdQ.png

SFM Poster By Me

"Thought I was about to get kinkshamed over buildings" -Me
"nahhh. you guuci boi" -LBJ

#4 natethegreat

natethegreat

Mr. Dustbowl

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

I lined up to defend a free kick in soccer. Hands on the "area." He kicked the ball like a fucking rocket, I jumped, the ball kept low, and my hands didn't do anything to help. 

ptired.gif

pogchamp_by_twitchkreygasm-d81hs8a.png

#5 perplexingPariah

perplexingPariah

THE SMALLEST OF MOMS

• Senior MemberMedia Team
    Member of the Year 2016
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

The most memorable types of pain to me are the prolonged ones. I don't really remember one intense moment.

One of them is just menstrual cramps. I've already mentioned this in another thread, but some times I get enough pain to be incapacitated. This pain stays with me for a couple of days, so it is not fun. Nowadays, I rely on watching my calendar. When I know my period is coming up, I have to make sure to take pain relievers before it gets intense. Otherwise, I would be in too much pain to do much of anything. 

I really should see a gynecologist because I don't think this is normal. sweatdrop.gif

Posted Image Hi. Please call me Pariah. I love to draw things and play video games with my friends! Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

#6 Creatureface

Creatureface

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

Tore my meniscus in high school to the point where my knee would lock up on me. It is hard to explain but my calf and thigh were stuck together, kind of like when you do situps but closer, and I had to pry them apart until I heard a pop. This happened most nights until I went into PT but I remember wanting to rather be shot than go through that pain again...it would wake me up in the middle of the night with the excruciating pain, then the massive resistance while pulling my leg apart was a bitch, followed by the pop and falling on my face when I went to stand and put pressure on it.

I cried a lot ;_;

Posted Image

#7 God of Velcro

God of Velcro

The Biggest Ripoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

Waterboarding.

I know its not technically physical, but goddamned it sure feels like it.

If you laid out all of your blood vessels, end to end, you would die.

"Velcro's a ripoff" - Neco

There is nothing more satisfying than listening to a 24 hour compilation of Soviet marches.

index.png?uid=6527

#8 Κhαos

Κhαos

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

During a soccer game last year I slid for the ball the same time someone else did and the bones near the joint at my ankles kinda cracked. It sucked walking with a limp >.<
Posted Image
Thanks to Andel, MayorPixel, and Pink Fire <3

#9 Lotso

Lotso

Relic of Better Days

• UserCommunity Clown 2016
    Saltmaster 2016
    Top Memester 2016
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Sometimes I pull a muscle and I fall to the ground in a flurry of expletives and pain.

Posted Image LOTSO IS DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

#10 Espurr

Espurr

nyoro!~

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Personally I've been rather lucky with injuries. Worst I've had was one time I hit my nail on my finger just right to dig itself out along with the underlying skin. I couldn't use my right hand for 4 months.

The worst I've seen was when my grade school friend shattered his entire leg when he was slide tackled once. He was in a wheelchair for a year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

#11 Raistlin

Raistlin

The Gifting Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

Both times I had the bones in my lower arm set back into place after I broke them.

Posted Image

#12 OBV10U3_NINJA

OBV10U3_NINJA

youtube.com/ob103ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Worst I've had was one time I hit my nail on my finger just right to dig itself out along with the underlying skin.

AGH AGH AGH AGH AGH

THAT PUT A BAD PICTURE IN MY MIND

AGH 

Grh7j4L.png

That guy who edits their posts every time

#13 Firefoxy

Firefoxy

General of the Snuggle Syndicate

• Senior MemberMedia Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Well, there was a time when I was a little kid that I completely smashed my right thumb with a metal door and it nearly ripped it off. The bone was smashed and I ended up getting driven to the hospital in an ambulance. That was fun, pfft XD

-Kate

#14 Brudda

Brudda

Friendly Neighborhood Minun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

I got a disease this one time called hands, foot, and mouth - so named because that's where the rash develops.

The agonizingly painful rash. It got so bad one day that I couldn't walk or grab anything without wanting to cry. And then, when I finally recovered, my hands and feet were still hideous for weeks afterward - I honestly am not convinced my feet ever properly recovered.

Posted Image
Original art: http://sokagensou.de...deg-1-358526873
Edit by @Katie ♥

#15 baby_eater

baby_eater

Om Nom Nom Nom

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Broken wisdom tooth with the nerve exposed. Every time it went off it was like fireworks in my brain followed by about 45 minutes of feeling like that side of my head was in a vise and throbbing, not like a bad headache much worse. Pretty much anything could set it off but it was unpredictable, I could eat a meal and be fine but one sip of water and I was in agony. It took about a month to get in and have it pulled so it was an awful few weeks of never knowing when I would next be in excruciating pain.

"you wanna hit people with your bullets" -Cheese
"Combo, Decloak!" - Cheese 2014
"that wasn't words to the song. that was bullshit." -Rains
"just bring some lube" - leo

#16 ♥Lucy♥

♥Lucy♥

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

The most memorable types of pain to me are the prolonged ones. I don't really remember one intense moment.

One of them is just menstrual cramps. I've already mentioned this in another thread, but some times I get enough pain to be incapacitated. This pain stays with me for a couple of days, so it is not fun. Nowadays, I rely on watching my calendar. When I know my period is coming up, I have to make sure to take pain relievers before it gets intense. Otherwise, I would be in too much pain to do much of anything. 

I really should see a gynecologist because I don't think this is normal. sweatdrop.gif

I know this feeling all too well. I suffer with extreme menstrual cramps like you, they often stop me from doing anything.

THE PAINS OF BEING A WOMAN.

Posted Image

In the sky with diamonds~

#17 natethegreat

natethegreat

Mr. Dustbowl

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Personally I've been rather lucky with injuries. Worst I've had was one time I hit my nail on my finger just right to dig itself out along with the underlying skin. I couldn't use my right hand for 4 months.

I feel this one. When I was 12 I think, I was at some restaurant near my beach house. I went to go to the outside deck and the waiter pushed the door as I pulled and he didn't notice I was standing there. He pushed the door open pretty fast and I was wearing flip flops. My toenail on my 2nd toe on my right foot just bent back at a 90 degree angle. It was awful. I got free ice cream from the restaurant tho. 

pogchamp_by_twitchkreygasm-d81hs8a.png

#18 God of Velcro

God of Velcro

The Biggest Ripoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

Broken wisdom tooth with the nerve exposed. Every time it went off it was like fireworks in my brain followed by about 45 minutes of feeling like that side of my head was in a vise and throbbing, not like a bad headache much worse. Pretty much anything could set it off but it was unpredictable, I could eat a meal and be fine but one sip of water and I was in agony. It took about a month to get in and have it pulled so it was an awful few weeks of never knowing when I would next be in excruciating pain.

That sounds like absolute hell. I never had any pain whatsoever with my wisdoms, even after pulling them out. Got lucky. I still think the worst kind of pain is that which there is actually nothing wrong. That way you have no idea how much it is going to hurt or why it even does.

If you laid out all of your blood vessels, end to end, you would die.

"Velcro's a ripoff" - Neco

There is nothing more satisfying than listening to a 24 hour compilation of Soviet marches.

index.png?uid=6527

#19 DaVaultHunter

DaVaultHunter

Inferno Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

I got a disease this one time called hands, foot, and mouth - so named because that's where the rash develops.

The agonizingly painful rash. It got so bad one day that I couldn't walk or grab anything without wanting to cry. And then, when I finally recovered, my hands and feet were still hideous for weeks afterward - I honestly am not convinced my feet ever properly recovered.

^

Posted Image/spoiler

#20 Dattix NEO

Dattix NEO

Trump Poster

• Senior MemberDonator
    Media Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

For me, it's a tie between after I had my wisdom tooth surgery and ran out of Vicodin and when I stuck my fingers into a pizza that just came out of the oven at work. Freaking molten lava, I swear.

Posted Image

Milk Please Steel Highlander Heavy Sub (as Salacious B. Crumb)

Posted Image