FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

4th Generation Intel Processors (Haswell)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 dasboot

dasboot

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

This has been around for a bit per say, but still some fascinating news. Intel claims much better gaming performance out of the Haswell chip so I am pretty excited as someone looking for some performance on the go. I guess we will see, for all I have seen is Intel's own claims on the performance.

To start up conversation, it would be best to speculate on whether or not by the time the Iris Pro is released, will it be a worthwhile deal to play the newest/hardest titles to run at the time on the Haswell chipset?

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

#2 Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment

Fire Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

yes it will be faster, but for most a faster video card will do A LOT more unless your running tri SLI or Xfire, since most real gamers are doing 1080 or higher now, and not 1680 x 1050, your GPU will do most of the work anyways, any sandy brdige i5 or higher should handle most games fine with a single GPU and even some dual GPU configs.

Now, with 4k TV's coming down and some making great monitors, people will need something to power those massive set up like tri titans and haswell will show some min FPS improvements vs todays current cpu's.

¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Life isnt short, you're just dead for too long©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸

85758_101.png