FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

Dear FirePowered

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Brudda

Brudda

Friendly Neighborhood Minun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Dear FirePowered,

How have you been? I’m kind of ashamed to admit that I’ve never really spoken to you like this before. For as much as I love you, for as long as I’ve been around, I’ve never just stopped to ask you how you’ve been. Sorry about that. But if you want, let me know by replying! I’d love to hear you tell me yourself.

I hope you’re doing well. I think you’ve seen better days, sure, but you’re in an exciting place right now! Expanding to other games is something that people have always wanted to see you do, ever since I joined two and half years ago, and I’m glad to see you’re finally doing it. (Still hoping to see the day that FirePowered has a Fistful of Frags server. :ptongue: ) Times are changing, and you’re changing with, and that’s awesome. I hope you continue to grow and prosper.

And how am I doing? Amazing. I’ve never been so happy in my life. I’ve been struggling with depression for the last two or three years, and I’m finally beating it back into submission. I’m doing well in college (although not perfect – reading Homer’s Iliad in the original Greek is really, really fucking hard :crai: ). I’ve made more friends in the past few months than I could have dreamed of, and almost all of them will be friends for life. I joined a co-ed sorority, and that has been an amazingly enriching experience. I’ve been getting really involved with my college’s band program, which is also a really rewarding experience. One of the friends I made through both of those things is actually getting really, really close to me. Ultimately, I just value her friendship, so I don’t care if nothing comes of it, but I actually think we might start dating soon.  (Here’s hoping I’m not wrong. :plol: ) I’ll be posting some pictures of all that in the Member Pictures thread later soon, so check that shit out. :phappy:

So why am I writing you on this fine day? Well, FirePowered, I’ll be frank, and let you in on a secret that I should have a while ago: I’ve moved on.

I wish I didn’t have to type those words. I never thought that I would. And yet it’s true, isn’t it? I uninstalled Team Fortress 2 a month or so ago. The last time I remember playing was Wave 666 for Halloween… and that was the first time I’d played in months too. Hell, even my forum use has deteriorated. It’s reached a point where I basically just log in so that I can get rid of all my notifications for the next time I log in. It makes me sad more than anything else.

And as much as I’d love to stick around to help FirePowered expand into new games, to play them with you guys, I’m not really in a point in my life where I can afford to anymore. Remember how I said I was in college, and getting really involved with all those things I mentioned? Sad as it is to admit, those things just mean way more to me than video games do now. I still try to make a little time to play a game or two per day. Recently that’s been Fistful of Frags, for example. But I’ve had to cut way down on that, and I should probably cut it out entirely. I have my suspicions that I will have to uninstall Steam if I’m gonna successfully survive my junior year of college without depression seizing hold of me once more. I wish it wasn’t so, yet I know where my priorities are. And all of the really great things I’m doing IRL all take precedence over you, FirePowered, much as I love you.

I could attempt to name individuals for whom I am grateful, but I’m too afraid that I would forget somebody who really matters to me. In addition, a great deal of my favorite individuals have moved on, and would never see it if I were to thank them. I will say, however, if you are reading this, there’s a very good chance you’re on the list. I love every member of the FirePowered community who I got to know in my time here.

If you would like, you may PM me and request a link to my Facebook profile. A lot of you are already friends with me on Snapchat, and if that’s so, you’re welcome to be my Facebook friend as well. You can even request a link if we’re not friends on Snapchat for whatever reason. Just know that if you are not a member or ex-member, the chances of me sending you that link are slim. Don’t be offended if you request it and I don’t give it.

I will miss you, FirePowered. Really. More than any words I could write could possibly convey. I’ve made friends and memories who will never leave me, and I’m so grateful for that. It was a positive influence in my life during some of my formative years, and one I enjoyed the hell out of, to boot. Even though I may be moving on, I’ll check in sometimes, and I’ll be sure to tell everyone I know how much I love this community, how much good it’s done both for me and for others.

I’ll end this all by saying two things. First, I’d like to wish everyone reading this what I doubtlessly wished you when you first posted in the Introduction forum: may your time here be long and joyous. I wish that to both every member of you, FirePowered, but also to you yourself. I hope that 10, 20, 100 years from now, if I’m still alive, I can type in my credentials and log on to the forums and see what’s going on here. Second, I’d like to end this by saying one of my favorite words. It’s a noun. It’s an idea. It’s a way of saying goodbye. It’s something I wish for the world, for every member of this community, and also for the community itself. Because there’s not enough of it in any of those places, all three places I love dearly, and that just makes me really sad. What is that word?

Spoiler:

*exits stage right*

Love,

Brudda

Posted Image
Original art: http://sokagensou.de...deg-1-358526873
Edit by @Katie ♥

#2 Tropical

Tropical

♕ The King ♕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

crai.gif  Bon Voyage wherever life takes you Brudda 

liqL0cF.png?1 Everyone has a price for anything

#3 God of Velcro

God of Velcro

The Biggest Ripoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

We'll miss you Brudda, take care in life! And it always good to set your priorities, whatever they may be. AND COME VISIT AGAIN YA HEAR.

If you laid out all of your blood vessels, end to end, you would die.

"Velcro's a ripoff" - Neco

There is nothing more satisfying than listening to a 24 hour compilation of Soviet marches.

index.png?uid=6527

#4 rameys340

rameys340

Fire Poster

• Senior MemberSeediest of Seeders 2016
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Aw man brudd, its a tad sad to see you go. But I see where you're coming from, and I trust that you know this is good for you. Just don't forget to check up every once in a while! pdealwithit.gif

Posted Image

#5 Espurr

Espurr

nyoro!~

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ah my good friend and pokemon in crime Brudda. I'm glad to hear life is starting to treat you well! Cherish these college years, they're some of the best you'll ever have. FirePowered now has a distinct lake of Pokemon I'm not sure it'll be able to replace. Farewell, old friend, and godspeed!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

#6 Lotso

Lotso

Relic of Better Days

• UserCommunity Clown 2016
    Saltmaster 2016
    Top Memester 2016
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

Only plebs exit using stage right.

Cya @Brudda, it was nice to have you here.

Posted Image LOTSO IS DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

#7 chooch23

chooch23

Fire Type Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

Peace out, @Brudda . We will never have a Mafia roleplayer as good as you pweh.gif

Edited by chooch23, 24 March 2016 - 08:06 PM.

uVL5DdQ.png

SFM Poster By Me

"Thought I was about to get kinkshamed over buildings" -Me
"nahhh. you guuci boi" -LBJ

#8 chooch23

chooch23

Fire Type Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

Spoiler: Brudda and all of his stage cues during Mafia 5

Edited by chooch23, 24 March 2016 - 08:05 PM.

uVL5DdQ.png

SFM Poster By Me

"Thought I was about to get kinkshamed over buildings" -Me
"nahhh. you guuci boi" -LBJ

#9 Draak

Draak

Guardian of the Aura

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

See you around, Brudda. It was nice being able to know you for so long! Best of luck with college, and keep making depression your bitch! pbwaha.gif

Piracy is fun until you lose a hand. Then you're hooked!

#10 perplexingPariah

perplexingPariah

THE SMALLEST OF MOMS

• Senior MemberMedia Team
    Member of the Year 2016
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

Proud of you, really am. Very happy to hear that your life is turning out that way. I hope more happy memories are to come. 

Peace. :pariah:

Posted Image Hi. Please call me Pariah. I love to draw things and play video games with my friends! Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

#11 Umby

Umby

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MY BRUDDA D:

5720cc2729d71111130803.gif

My Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/umby_ come watch my dudes

#12 Godphase3

Godphase3

Apollo, God of Sun and Light, Healing and Plague

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

We'll miss you Bruddy. Just glad you're doing great things and settling into your college experience so happily.

Edited by Godphase3, 25 March 2016 - 07:53 AM.

k6dfaav.png
                                     UGC Admin for Silver Highlander

ESEA-O and UGC Gold Sixes: Disney Jam Thursday
                Scout: Matman         Roamer: Zabi        Demo: Rupee
                Scout: Mahaugher   Pocket: Bacon       Medic: Godphase3

#13 UVSoaked

UVSoaked

Fire Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

Was it something I said? :<

UUXdG1T.png

#14 Soof

Soof

Overuser of Likes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

This isn't goodbye Brudda cuz I still got ur snapchat. I kinda expected this thread to pop up at some point or another.

I remember the time when Buddha replaced you for a week or so, whatever it was. Good times, man.

I think it's awesome that you've got your priorities set, like others said. Your leaving is for the best and I wish you good luck with everything.

VsIaton.png

#15 Yellowpandasaur

Yellowpandasaur

Journalist of Truth

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

FirePowered now has a distinct lake of Pokemon

Kinda soggy in there, can confirm, went surfing

Posted Image

"my palm is through my face right now" - Espurr

1:36 AM - [FP] perplexingPariah: I'm horny as fuck
1:36 AM - [FP] Cheese: yea me too
1:36 AM - [FP] Cheese: get ready panda

Cornelius Brown - UGC Steel 4s Season 3

Soldier: Mönch Demo: Cheese32

Medic: Godphase3 Scout: Panda~

#16 Espurr

Espurr

nyoro!~

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Kinda soggy in there, can confirm, went surfing

You could say it was...dank

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

#17 trawesomeness74

trawesomeness74

Chief Prosecutor/Battle-hard Soldier

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

This actually made me cry. However, I understand your reason. In the words of Tord Larsson from Eddsword, "So long, old friend." Thank you for being one of the first FP members that I actually had my first fluid conversation with someone from here. Kudos to you, and I wish you luck on the long and grueling journey called "Life".

Peace out Brudda. I'll miss you.

-Ocarina

A guy who does stuff. Pretty accurate description, eh?

#18 Brudda

Brudda

Friendly Neighborhood Minun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Some comments which warrant individual reply:

This actually made me cry. However, I understand your reason. In the words of Tord Larsson from Eddsword, "So long, old friend." Thank you for being one of the first FP members that I actually had my first fluid conversation with someone from here. Kudos to you, and I wish you luck on the long and grueling journey called "Life".

Peace out Brudda. I'll miss you.

-Ocarina

Aw, don't cry, man! But I'm glad you understand, and I'm glad to have been such a positive influence during your time here at FP. Good luck on your own journey through life. :ppleased:

This isn't goodbye Brudda cuz I still got ur snapchat. I kinda expected this thread to pop up at some point or another.

I remember the time when Buddha replaced you for a week or so, whatever it was. Good times, man.

I think it's awesome that you've got your priorities set, like others said. Your leaving is for the best and I wish you good luck with everything.

A week or so? Try all of October 2014. :ptongue:

Was it something I said? :<

Definitely. The real reason I'm leaving is that you called me fat. /sarcasm

See you around, Brudda. It was nice being able to know you for so long! Best of luck with college, and keep making depression your bitch! pbwaha.gif

I might get "depression is my bitch" on a plaque... lol

Spoiler: Brudda and all of his stage cues during Mafia 5

lmfao I'd forgotten about some of these. That mafia game was so much goddamn fun.

Posted Image
Original art: http://sokagensou.de...deg-1-358526873
Edit by @Katie ♥

#19 ElfWord

ElfWord

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

Games will always be around; you only get the college experience once. Make the most of it man. 

Thanks for all you did as part of FirePowered, and best of luck with the rest of your junior year!

2FgLR6Z.jpg

My friends make awesome tactical games & RPGs: http://store.steampo...=trese brothers

#20 Dijarida

Dijarida

The Man Who Sold The World

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

Baby.... I never wanted to see the day where my #1 competition for rakemaster would stop being competition, but you gotta promise me you're gonna do well in that big bad world out there okay? I don't mean well well, I just mean, well, y'know what I mean. 

Good luck buddy cool.png

Spoiler: