FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

Mafia IX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#121 Creatureface

Creatureface

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

So, let me get this straight, the mafia attacked themselves one night in hopes that the doctor would save them and allow them to use that against the town? Why would you ever take that risk when there was a small chance to be chosen for healing. Plus, why are the mafia even allowed to target themselves anyway...that is extremely dumb.

Posted Image

#122 redorhcs

redorhcs

Fire Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

So, let me get this straight, the mafia attacked themselves one night in hopes that the doctor would save them and allow them to use that against the town? Why would you ever take that risk when there was a small chance to be chosen for healing. Plus, why are the mafia even allowed to target themselves anyway...that is extremely dumb.

Well... nothing was stated against it, and it worked very well in convincing the town that Velcro was a Townie, when he was instead Mafia. There was nothing against targeting ourselves, and if I really had wanted, I could have taken him out yesterday had I felt like it. 

Don't leave a 110v plug wired to an RJ-45 jack lying around for someone to find...

#123 Sniper Noob

Sniper Noob

Shitposter Superior

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

1) Because for whatever reason it was decided that whoever was protected by the medic would know it beforehand.

2) I have no idea why that was allowed.

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

#124 Creatureface

Creatureface

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

Well... nothing was stated against it, and it worked very well in convincing the town that Velcro was a Townie, when he was instead Mafia. There was nothing against targeting ourselves, and if I really had wanted, I could have taken him out yesterday had I felt like it. 

I have never heard of or seen a mafia game that allowed and even had mafia attack mafia so for this game to allow that but not let any of the town know of that little important detail, it seems rigged. For most of us, we all assumed it wasn't allowed as it hasn't been seen in any other forum game, I believe, and when referencing other mafia games outside of the forums, I have never been able to target another member of my mafia team. Just seems really lame to not include that little detail. I agree with it being a smart choice on your part, but from our perspective and past games, seeing someone attacked meant 100% they couldn't be mafia especially with the fact that there wasn't another attack role in this game.

Like, after I died, I immediately expected God of Velcro to be mafia because he called out panda on a day 1 baseless accusation I made but when he was attacked that went out the window. If I had known that mafia could attack themselves then I would have still heavily suspected Velcro, this coming from a dead town but I can only assume others could have been in the same thinking. 

1) Because for whatever reason it was decided that whoever was protected by the medic would know it beforehand.

2) I have no idea why that was allowed.

smh my head

Posted Image

#125 Green Leaf

Green Leaf

Green Horse of Science

• PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hey this was my first Mafia so I wasn't sure when to use the power I had.

In hindsight, should have used it at a sooner point.

Oh well.

attrapper_gameplay.png