FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

Not being allowed to advertise my glitched unusual in trade server

unusual glitched not allowed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bramsmul

bramsmul

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hi there,

This morning I was on the Firepowered unusual trading server and I was advertising to sell my Nuts & Bolts Boxcar Bomber.

Now this hat is glitched so that the effect orbits your waist instead of the hat itself, but it can also be turned to normal with the adjustment slider. I know this is the case with more hats, but in my opinion this is still something unique or special compared to normal unusuals.

So my bind this morning read as follows: S> Glitched N&B Boxcar Bomber (Clean & All-class)

Shortly after I was approached by Andrew, I believe he is one of the mods of FP. He said that I wasn't allowed to advertise my hat this way because it was misleading and people have been sharked before with these kind of items. I had to change my bind.

My question is: Why is this not allowed and why can't I use that bind?

First of all, because of the glitch my hat has something that other hats do not. There are plenty of other people advertising items like this. For example flipped Anti-freeze unusuals. Thus, I am of the opinion that I can just advertise this as another something extra just like clean or short history.

And secondly, because other people have tried to shark people out of their items in the past, doesn't mean that everyone with such an item will do that. Anyone can check out my trade on outpost and see the listing on bp.tf. For the record, I am absolutely against sharking, but prohibiting me from advertising my hat the way I want feels a bit unfair to me.

Thank you for reading

#2 Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro

Shitposter Superior

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

As long as the glitch is permanent and legitimate, I don't see a problem with you advertising it as such as long as you state only the facts. 

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

#3 bramsmul

bramsmul

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Thank you for your response. I view it the same way. I've never mentioned anything else about the hat other than the glitch being there and how it works.