FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

Observation: TF2 communities are now formed around Twitch and YouTube personalities as opposed to community servers being their own communities

Twitch YouTube Reddit Wall of Text Cross-post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aron Times

Aron Times

Kindle Poster

• User
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Hello, FapPowered. wiggle2.gif  Haven't been here in a while, and I thought I'd check up on you motherlovers.

Anyway, I came here to show you this.

tl;dr:

1. TF2 communities are now built around TF2 personalities, not TF2 community servers.

2. A lot of TF2 personalities start their own servers but are stymied by the amount of skill and effort it takes to run one.

3. There are a lot of perfectly useable community servers (like FapPowered) gathering dust from lack of activity?

4. You motherlovers can have a mutually beneficial arrangement where you provide them a place to play, and they draw traffic to your servers.

5. Some of them might even become regulars, even donors (like me, though I don't really giff money to you guys anymore).

So, um, you might run into a few more people than you normally see in here. Hopefully they don't completely ignore the rules and get bant right away, but maybe we can show them some hospitality and revitalize this community.

That is all. psmile.gif

#2 rameys340

rameys340

Fire Poster

• Senior MemberSeediest of Seeders 2016
    Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

So, um, you might run into a few more people than you normally see in here. 

Posted Image