FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to the servers raffles, and seeding?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HeavyIsSandwich456

HeavyIsSandwich456

Kindle Poster

• User
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Hello everyone.

I used to be active back in 2015-2016, but I fell off the grid due to "personal complications" until now.

There used to be a lot of Firepowered servers back then: Dustbowl East, Dustbowl West, Harvest, 2fort, and Turbine (all included bots). Now its been reduced to just Hightower and the unusual server. I used to play a lot on the old servers. What happen to them? Are you going to bring them back?

Also, the weekly key raffles have stopped abruptly after November 2016, and the number of seeding events have dropped from daily to monthly as well. What happened to those as well?

Can't find any announcements regarding these changes so I'm asking here.

Greaser heavy.gif

#2 rameys340

rameys340

Fire Poster

• Senior MemberSeediest of Seeders 2016
    Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Community servers as a whole have started dying, and unluckily we got hit really hard by it. All the mentioned servers were axed off because barely anyone played them anymore.

As for seeding, seed events still happen somewhat regularly on hightower! The raffles are only really done when McKay remembers, which isn't that often because he's busy with other things.

Posted Image

#3 HeavyIsSandwich456

HeavyIsSandwich456

Kindle Poster

• User
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

So those servers are permanently cut from the list?

Also how come Hightower's the only one without bots?

Edited by HeavyIsSandwich456, 31 March 2018 - 04:23 PM.

Greaser heavy.gif

#4 Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro

Shitposter Superior

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

So those servers are permanently cut from the list?

Also how come Hightower's the only one without bots?

Yes, those servers are cut from the list for the foreseeable future. Without anyone playing on them after Valve destroyed community servers we can't justify paying for the other servers. I don't know what you mean by your second part, there are no bots on our unusual server.

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

#5 HeavyIsSandwich456

HeavyIsSandwich456

Kindle Poster

• User
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Yes, those servers are cut from the list for the foreseeable future. Without anyone playing on them after Valve destroyed community servers we can't justify paying for the other servers. I don't know what you mean by your second part, there are no bots on our unusual server.

Not talking about custom maps/servers. There used to be bots on the cut servers before (Dustbowl, Turbine, Harvest, etc). But Hightower was the only one that didn't have bots. Why is that? Would you consider adding bots in Hightower?

Greaser heavy.gif

#6 Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro

Shitposter Superior

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Not talking about custom maps/servers. There used to be bots on the cut servers before (Dustbowl, Turbine, Harvest, etc). But Hightower was the only one that didn't have bots. Why is that? Would you consider adding bots in Hightower?

I honestly have no idea why it was like that, but we could potentially add bots to the server when empty. I'll discuss with the staff.

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users