FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

What's your worst customer service experience?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PenguinSquared

PenguinSquared

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

Topic's on my mind right now, as I've literally just got off the phone with ASUS customer support, which was hilariously bad.

Plus, I feel like the forum's been getting quieter as of recent.

My new laptop's battery broke within about a week of me receiving it, and the warranty included within the box is valid for 12 months. So I'm sorted, right? Turns out, that warranty was voided when I took the white sticker off the back of the laptop, (which, I may note, is illegal, as "warranty void if broken" stickers were outlawed in the UK) so I can no longer get a replacement for it, and will have to buy one myself.

Utter genius.

Anyone got a better tale to tell?

The duck goes quack, the penguin goes noot.
github dot com

qMwR9vo.gif

#2 BigJ

BigJ

Old Timer

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

I called tech support once. Mighta been for an HP... I got this guy who was from India I think, and nothing against anyone from anywhere, but it just didn't seem like he got my question and wasn't helpful and I try to be pleasant and respectful with everyone, especially the tech/cust support people and those who work with the public like even say Dunking Donuts / Fast food. I assume most customers suck so I always try to be repectful and polite....

Fast forward a bit. I kinda explain to this guy that I'm going to "hang up and call back and talk to someone else" and I say "thank you" and "goodbye" and I hang up and call back the 1-800 number and... I shit you not... I GET THE SAME GUY. I ask if he's the only one working for the company and he must have been laughing too but he transfered me to a colleague of his.... who didn't know what an I/O device was and told me I was "confusing him with technical jargon." *picard facepalm . jpg"