• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:100927180
Player Name: Greed
Server: Unusual Trade
Ban Type: Player Ban
Reason: Scamming
Details: Player proceeded to lowball or borderline shark me out of my Chromatic and Headless Horseshoes Spin Chilling Skull. I was unaware of any potential price increase in the item over the time due to a lack of other recent sales. The user added me and proceeded to focus or pressure on buying it despite not having wanted to buy it for sale price (50 Keys) numerous prior times. From here the user proceeded to add another interested individual, that had been on my friends list, and sold the item to them for 150 Keys despite its max value being 75-100 Keys. (This also could be considered a borderline shark) This is roughly 2-3x what the item is actually worth. The buyer did not seek him out for the item but instead he sought the buyer out to sell because the buyer had also bought another skull for a very high price (which could also be considered a scam or shark sale to him). The reported profile was essentially using the lack of knowledge of the buyer to take advantage and grossly overcharge. Along with this he claims this is not wrong because of the fact that someone else did it before him. (Which does not make it right along with the fact that the buyer sought out the prior skull and offered said amount, unlike this time where he was sought out and charged this amount.) This is a degree of using people along with potentially buy and sell sharking 2 individuals. The user has already been warned about on the FP spell collecting discord along with numerous other spell discords and has been blacklisted from some.

Clarification on Greed Argument 2/3 when i refer to the FP servers i mean the FP spell discord and general FP discord where i had laerted of this as I alerted my fellow admins on and the other spell discords are well, just that, the other spell discords.

Dispute: The user should be banned for various questionable social and trade actions. The user states that it was not sharking and was a gamble for him to take despite the fact that he would have lost no profit nor not benefited in any way and simply performed a profit trade, therefore not a gamble in making profit. This is further supported that his buying and reselling to dupe both individuals out of making more (seller) and saving some (buyer) was the fact that the sale was done immediately after it was acquired from me. Both seller and buyer of the item to and from him are upset or annoyed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Greed Pre-Argument.PNG
  • Greed Pre-Argument 2.PNG
  • Greed Argument 1.PNG
  • Greed Argument 2.PNG
  • Greed Argument 3.PNG
  • Greed Argument 4.PNG
  • Greed Argument 5.PNG
  • Greed Argument 6.PNG
  • Greed Trade.PNG

Edited by Chromatic Cockruption, 24 February 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Chromatic Cockruption

Chromatic Cockruption

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

Further digging himself into a whole by saying stuff like this that is unrelated to the actual happenings and instead trying to build a defense of character rather than counterprove any points. The fact that he does this kind of stuff with one of the key reasons to do it being to build up character rep also begs the question of why he would need to do that if it wasn’t for the fact of potentially hiding something or to help build a defense for when something like this does happen.

Attached Thumbnails

• Greed Argument 7.PNG

Edited by Chromatic Cockruption, 24 February 2019 - 08:35 PM.

#3 Chromatic Cockruption

Chromatic Cockruption

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

I know only some of this is truly related to the trade itself but its mainly just here to give further insite as the discussion continues and to show his moral or ethical views in relation to the events.

Attached Thumbnails

• Greed Argument 8.PNG
  • Greed Argument 9.PNG

#4 Sniper Noob

Sniper Noob

Shitposter Superior

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:54 PM

First of all, I want to make it clear there is no "FP Spell Discord." My Spell Collector Discord has no official affiliation with FirePowered, and any bans handed out on one do not transfer to the other.

With that out of the way, I don't see any way to justify a ban for this incident. We can break it down into each of the 2 transactions.

Buying the skull from you: you say the skull is worth about 50 keys and that's what he paid.I see no issue with this.

Selling the skull for 150: if the buyer was willing to pay that price as indicated by the fact that he had already bought one previously, then that's his prerogative. While what he did was scummy and greedy, he is technically not in violation of any rules. Getting someone to overpay for an item is not sharking. Especially when the buyer in question is clearly a collector and knows what things are worth. 

I see no justification for a ban here.

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Denied

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users