3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Torres

Captain Torres

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:30 PM

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44004906 (SourceBans)
Ban Type: Ban
Ban Time: 2020-09-14 11:09:49
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban Reason: Likely scammer alt or fence account.
Admin: Sniper Noob

Player Name: Captain Torres
Spycrab Running Appeal?: No
Appeal: Previously, I attempted to appeal for a private backpack, however, due to the new reason for my exile from this server, I will be writing a rather detailed appeal considering the gravity of these allegations on my head. (NOTE: To protect my real life identity, personally sensitive info has been redacted):

For starters, to prove I am not an alt, I attempted to create a new account, but the creation was declined due to an existing account in question. I changed my password, and received a 30 day account hold. The reason for this was all older info regarding the account (email confirmation for the account's creation) had been deleted a long time ago. I do have proof this is my only account, and that I recovered it after almost 8, and 10 months of forgetting the account existed. For context on the inactivity, the account was inactive when the family computer I accessed it from ended up getting bricked by a botched attempt to repair corrupted data, thus getting Steam getting blamed as the culprits. (see IMG_0568.PNG and IMG_0569.png)

To prove I am not a fence or scammer, my Trade/Item History does not span Past July 23, 2020 (trades in September, as a 30-day trade hold was in effect, meaning I can only buy items from the TF2 store at the time until one month later. My actual trade history starts. (See IMG_573.PNG, IMG_574.PNG and IMG_575.PNG for some invoices of my item purchases), and my trade history to prove my inventory contains no stolen goods that I know of). All trades from that history is legitimate. The unusual trade (Fur-Lined Fighter) was exchanged after I highballed it for 9 keys on this server with Dock Cockem (see trade history). Both parties accepted the offer. Another trade that should be noted is a Fire Fighter in exchange for 7 refined (initial offer was for 2 ref).

I do believe this is sufficient evidence, as I will present every invoice to prove the legitimacy of item acquisitions on my account.

My Trade History: https://steamcommuni...1/tradehistory/

My Inventory History: https://steamcommuni...ventoryhistory/

Attached Files

#2 Sniper Noob

Sniper Noob

King Shit

• Head AdministratorSteamRep/Partner Staff
    Trade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:14 PM

Why does your account have no friends, no badges, no games, no groups, and mostly private? Why is your account 9 years old and yet appear to be brand new?

Bud8Byh.jpgProfile picture by Pariah

#3 Captain Torres

Captain Torres

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:26 PM

I rarely add people unless I know them personally. I went and unhid my game details as previously, I thought it was irrelevant... that was until my brother (who used to play TF2 and traded) informed me that that was a good way to be mistaken for a scammer. This has since been updated as I had the tendency to err towards default settings.

My account appears new as I had forgotten about it for 9 years (why I included evidence about the password change).

#4 Captain Torres

Captain Torres

Tinder Poster

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

I rarely add people unless I know them personally. I went and unhid my game details as previously, I thought it was irrelevant... that was until my brother (who used to play TF2 and traded) informed me that that was a good way to be mistaken for a scammer. This has since been updated as I had the tendency to err towards default settings.

My account appears new as I had forgotten about it for 9 years (why I included evidence about the password change).

Addendum to Previous Post (due to excessive driver errors): The Original computer associated with the account was found, but as I mentioned before, it is bricked and no longer works. I do have the account activity from 9 years ago to explain why my account appears as it is; I used it only for Portal 2 (singleplayer). The original computer used belonged to my mother, but ended up having a corrupted file and she blamed Steam for rendering it the way it is now, so the account was forgotten about over time.

Evidence of my Portal 2 activity can be found here: https://steamcommuni...ab=achievements

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reversed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users