FirePowered Gaming Forums

Photo

DayZ (and other Arma II mods) anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheOneandOnly_Racer_

TheOneandOnly_Racer_

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Anyone else here enjoy DayZ? How about other Arma II mods?

I want someone to tag along with. It's less creepy and overall funner.

SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE .gif IMAGES AS SIGNATURES!!!!

Here's what I wanted to use :<

#2 Eltomato

Eltomato

Up In Smoke

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

DayZ is a really good proof of concept, but it's not well enough put together that I want to currently play it. I've been waiting for the standalone because hopefully that'll be less glitchy than the Arma II version. I really like survival simulators, but sadly there aren't very many of them. Until DayZ it's had a very small demographic and a small amount of games. The other reason I haven't played it is because I don't want to buy Arma II when Arma III is coming out so soon (or so I thought, months ago). I plan on buying Arma III, and I think it'd be a waste for me to buy Arma II a few months before it becomes outdated and I buy the next game in the series.

rsz_fallout4-banner.png

#3 ElfWord

ElfWord

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

I have yet to play it (tight budget when I found out about it, now waiting on the standalone to be ready), but there was a month or two where I could not get enough of the news and stories around it. Rock Paper Shotgun's surviving in Day Z series really made clear the power of permadeath to make character stories matter. The stories and videos posted in the DayZ subreddit are hilarious and moving.

2FgLR6Z.jpg

My friends make awesome tactical games & RPGs: http://store.steampo...=trese brothers

#4 Kleptosporia

Kleptosporia

Grand Subjugglator of Poop

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I can play with you. Just tell me when beforehand and what server and well work something out.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 TheOneandOnly_Racer_

TheOneandOnly_Racer_

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I tried Wasteland today, and it's fucking bad ass. It's like DayZ, but no zombies, tons more vehicles and tons more guns.

#6 Diabetes

Diabetes

Diabetic Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

i can run it but it lags like shit . hard to play on a broken laptop. when i finish my desktop i will play.

RlnlesV.jpg

#7 Eltomato

Eltomato

Up In Smoke

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

What do you guys mean "Wasteland"? The only game I know of called Wasteland was for DOS

rsz_fallout4-banner.png

#8 TheOneandOnly_Racer_

TheOneandOnly_Racer_

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

What do you guys mean "Wasteland"? The only game I know of called Wasteland was for DOS

Wasteland is a serverside mod/mission for Arma II Operation Arrowhead Beta. Basically it's complete sandbox mode for the game. Just about every weapon and vehicle (trucks, tanks, helicopters, etc) are available during missions. There are 2 teams, BLUFOR and OPFOR, as well as independent players, which if they choose, can set up their own squads(small teams).

To find the servers, you have to de-select everything not Arma 2 related in the expansions sub-menu of the main menu of Arma II OA Beta. Then search for a server, type "wasteland" in the host filter and hit refresh. I personally then sort by ping for servers.

I've personally been frequenting the Clan of Brothers server which has 48 max players if anyone wants to join me.

Edited by TheOneandOnly_Racer_, 11 May 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#9 Eltomato

Eltomato

Up In Smoke

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sounds cool, but the DOS wasteland game still has swag.

rsz_fallout4-banner.png

#10 Eggroll

Eggroll

Flame Poster

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I started playing DayZ, but I really wished there was a FirePowered server as well.
That'd be so boss. 

76561198022362421.png

#11 Eltomato

Eltomato

Up In Smoke

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Probably won't be a long time till we expand into other games outside TF2 (if we ever even do)

rsz_fallout4-banner.png