I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone, especially our younger folks, that strangers on the internet have the potential to be dangerous. When filling out your user profile, remember that everyone will be able to see that information, including your age and gender. If you added your interests, it is very easy for someone to pretend to have a lot in common with you.
As community, we want all of our members to feel comfortable. If someone is acting inappropriately to you in private (or public), speak up! Even if it doesn't bother you that much, odds are he/she has a history of such behavior and will continue to act this way to others. By reporting this behavior, we can make a note of it and intervene. We are here to provide a safe and fun place to play games and interact with others. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable, let one of the administrators know, or open a ticket.
The FBI offers these tips to the younger populace:
- Never give out your name, home address, school name, or phone number to strangers on the internet.
- Never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with without your parent's permission
- Never write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared
- Report things that make you feel uncomfortable to your parents (or FP staff)
- Remember that people online may be misrepresenting themselves
We take reports of harassment very seriously. In the event that an underage individual is being sexually harassed, we will file the appropriate reports to local and federal authorities on your behalf.
Stay safe out there,
Edited by Dr. McKay, 06 February 2014 - 12:37 PM.
rann can't spell!