42 replies to this topic

#1 PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

Worst FP 2015

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

I know after what happened today this may seem like a question of spite, but I'm legitimately curious as to why people use the Quick Fix. Its uber does close to nothing. Its the most useless medigun there is. WHY on god's earth do people waste their teams time using it?

SCOUT/ROAMER/POCKET/MED/DEMO MAIN STILL OPEN

ALL SUBS STILL OPEN

#2 McCreeper

McCreeper

Spy around here

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

It's far from beeing usless. You can counter medics who are using the regular uber by building a quickfix uber. If your heal target isn't the worst player you can kill the enemies medic before they have uber. It's also usefull when you die/lost your uber and it's not enough time left to build a regular uber, then the quick-fix comes in handy.

I also can be used in combination with a demo to bring the medic to the middle point on 5 cp maps like process so you get an advantage as their medic can't heal the people who arrive before him at mid.

Edited by McCreeper, 09 March 2014 - 08:57 PM.

• Dr. McKay, Dafini, Craig and 2 others like this
Posted Image

#3 Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

Inferno Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Quick fix is insanely powerful after the buff it got back in July. Far from useless.

Posted Image

#4 Kuro the Crazy

Kuro the Crazy

Best Girl

• Senior MemberMedia Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I use it for guick fixing and jumping.

EDIT:

Spoiler:

Edited by Kuro, 09 March 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Slay your heart's demon with your heart.

#5 PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

Worst FP 2015

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

It's far from beeing usless. You can counter medics who are using the regular uber by building a quickfix uber. If your heal target isn't the worst player you can kill the enemies medic before they have uber. It's also usefull when you die/lost your uber and it's not enough time left to build a regular uber, then the quick-fix comes in handy.

I also can be used in combination with a demo to bring the medic to the middle point on 5 cp maps like process so you get an advantage as their medic can't heal the people who arrive before him at mid.

Quick fix is insanely powerful after the buff it got back in July. Far from useless.

thats cool but I play on dustbowl 90% of the time, it sounds okay for control points but in A/D all you need is stock for blue and kritz for red.

Secondly, even if its an okay gun, why do people use it as the only medic on their team?

ALL SUBS STILL OPEN

#6 McCreeper

McCreeper

Spy around here

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

The fact that you can build an uber if you are short on time also applies to dustbowl. Also, it has two other big advantages. First: what is the hard counter to an uber? A Pyro who can airblast. But you can't airblast people getting ubered by a quick-fix. Second: You can cap points while you are ubered, if you have a normal uber you either have to wait or throw away the rest of your uber if you stand on a point.

Edited by McCreeper, 09 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Kore Haven

Kore Haven

Fire Poster

• Senior MemberDonator+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Spoiler:

Hmm I wonder what this is referencing ;)

60489_101.png

Proud owner and user of a Hale's Professional Killstreak Machina

Sheen: Team Shine

Killstreak:  Incinerator

Kill Count: 64K and rising still

#8 PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

Worst FP 2015

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

The fact that you can build an uber if you are short on time also applies to dustbowl. Also, it has two other big advantages. First: what is the hard counter to an uber? A Pyro who can airblast. But you can't airblast people getting ubered by a quick-fix. Second: You can cap points while you are ubered, if you have a normal uber you either have to wait or throw away the rest of your uber if you stand on a point.

most of the time we need an uber is to take down a sentry. quick fix uber doesnt help at all trying to take down a sentry 

ALL SUBS STILL OPEN

#9 McCreeper

McCreeper

Spy around here

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

most of the time we need an uber is to take down a sentry. quick fix uber doesnt help at all trying to take down a sentry 

You can't say that a weapon is bad just because other weapons are better in a certain situation, that's why multiple weapons are in the game, they are better than other weapons in certain situations.  Also if you always need an uber to destroy a sentry,something is wrong.

• Dr. McKay likes this
Posted Image

#10 PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

Worst FP 2015

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

You can't say that a weapon is bad just because other weapons are better in a certain situation, that's why multiple weapons are in the game, they are better than other weapons in certain situations.  Also if you always need an uber to destroy a sentry,something is wrong.

If theres a sentry in the loading dock, nothing short of comp levels of communication can get it down

But other than that, I think I've just had bad experiences with Quick Fix medics. Most times I've been ubered by a quick fix medic, I've died. Most of the times I've had a quick fix medic on my team, they were the only medic. 

ALL SUBS STILL OPEN

#11 Randomosity

Randomosity

Ember Exploit Master 2015

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Ya, I personally like it. My main is scout, and medics who use this know to heal me a lot more often. If the medic needs someone to stay on, he can pocket me and gain my speed while using it to get to another more hurt person, or to the objective, or to stay with me if he wants to pocket me as i cap. It also heals faster than a normal medigun, so you can pull away from someone your pocketing to heal someone else quickly only to go back to pocketing the person you were with before. That along with a fast uber that (while it's not as helpful as a normal uber) can save someone who's having trouble, and the fact that the medic can stay with rocket/sticky jumpers makes it a really decent medigun

ezgif-1887688720.gif

uehehehehehe~

#12 Kuro the Crazy

Kuro the Crazy

Best Girl

• Senior MemberMedia Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

I've taken down a lvl 3 sentry with a quick-fix-ubered pyro before.

Slay your heart's demon with your heart.

#13 Bagel

Bagel

Bagel is better than you

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Basing your opinion on a TF2 weapons with experience in DUSTBOWL is not a viable argument. Dustbowl is a map that is a giant choke for demo's and engy's, and yes a quick-fix on dustbowl is probably not a viable option for the most part because of constant spam and multiple sentries. 

• Dafini and rockspoon like this
Posted Image

12:49 AM - [FP] Savage #StillFistin': why are you purple?
12:49 AM - Purple: I'm always purple
1:17 AM - [FP] Savage #StillFistin': I asked godphase why you were purple
1:17 AM - [FP] Savage #StillFistin': "He's always purple"

#14 PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

PHILCOLLINSAPOCALYPSE

Worst FP 2015

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Basing your opinion on a TF2 weapons with experience in DUSTBOWL is not a viable argument. 

yeah probably.

ALL SUBS STILL OPEN

#15 Banshee

Banshee

The Birdman of Australia

• Head AdministratorTrade Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

The description says that Ubercharge boosts healing to 300%. 300% is A LOT and I've taking down everyone in an intel room with it and a heavy. It's also useful for healing multiple people because it heals so fast. 

76561198091343023.png

#16 Bazoo

Bazoo

Flame Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Like most of the people before me said it, the quick-fix is far from being useless.

Being one of my first ever strange weapon I ever got, I used it way more than any other mediguns.

I used it before the first buff (Being able to rocketjump with the healed target) and the second (Being able to heal yourself/overheal by a bit).

First of all, every mediguns has its own uses

Medigun (Pushing/Scaring - Destroy Sentry Nest - Counter)

Kritzkrieg (Slaughtering/Clearing crowded place - Pushing at a certain extent)

Quick-fix (Healing/Keeping team alive - Counter pushes/ubers)

Vaccinator (Never used it don't ask me)

Before the first buff I mainly used it for these reasons

• If you are the only medic and need to heal a lot of people quickly <-- this is the main reason I would use it on third stage of dustbowl on defense
  • Counter-Uber : Mega Heal a pyro and try to push back the uber -or- Mega heal everybody that are getting hit by the uber
    • If done correctly, the other team basically wasted their uber and yours will be already at full charge before you know it
  • (If really needed) Pushing, of course you can't flash invulns on your teammates but you can maintain them alive with the Mega Heal or even the default heal
  • Mega Heal + Ubercharge : just imagine, a invuln target without any knockback
  • The build Uber time is way faster than the Kritzkrieg and the Medigun

Now with the buffs I use it for these reasons too

• Cap the point with the scout/soldier/demo that use their special abilities (speed/explosive jumps) and being able to maintain alive longer than another medigun
  • If your healing target is good, he will know to explosive jump away to escape and thus saving both of your lives
    • You can also use the explosive jump to get in the "warzone" and heal your teammates rather than walking or attempting crossbow shots

Notes

Even though it is not the real usage of it, the Quick-Fix can actually take down a sentry (not a sentry nest) if the healing target is actually focusing on the sentry and not a lot of enemies are trying to kill us.

There is more uses to the Quick-Fix, but I am to tired for this...

And yes, a medic that knows how to use the Quick-Fix helps a lot, but that would be the same thing for basically any other medgun.

If you see me with the vaccinator you would be yelling at me.

• Godphase3, Drake, Alpha and 2 others like this

#17 rockspoon

rockspoon

Fire Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

I use the quick fix.

1. Faster uber. Often, people waste some of a long uber because enemies get out of the way.

2. I can heal scouts to get somewhere better faster.

3. I can rocket or sticky jump- Huge pro.

4. Faster heal. Less overheal is worth it, IMO, because I can keep a player alive longer with the regenerative factor.

P.S. I HATE the vaccinator. You switch to explosive protection, and someone shoots you. You switch to bullet resistance, and a pyro comes at you from the side. Go to fire res, and you get back stabbed by a DK. Not to mention that most people that use it are clueless as to how to switch damage res types, and when.

Edited by rockspoon, 09 March 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#18 Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

Inferno Poster

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Dustbowl is an awful map with choke points, lack of flanking routes, and is ruined by spam.

Posted Image

#19 HypercompetentDistraction

HypercompetentDistraction

Inferno Poster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

I don't see the Quick Fix as a bad Medigun, but it's a bit more situational than just stock/Kritz. It's pretty good if you've got ways of getting around the map (Piggybacking off a Scout, explosive jump, etc.) and as said before can be used to beat out an Uber before the enemy team has time to build, but it's a bit of a "work smarter, not harder" kind of Medigun.

Of course, it's also kinda fun to just do jumps to throw your Medic off cliffs in doubtlessly hilarious ways.

Hi, I'm a jerk who likes cats. Also kinda decent with Engineer I guess? I don't know.

22014_101.png

#20 Mir

Mir

the Broken Space Station

• User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

QF requires a higher quality player to be useful.  That's probably why it isn't working for you.

• Godphase3 likes this
UGC Silver HL Season 14 team Gay Science UGC Silver 6's Season 16 team plz send help

7:54 PM - LaurirW: ok this conversation started with you asking me to cut off peoples' genitals, and now I'm scamming you
7:54 PM - [₲ȿ] Mir #Ménage à trois: par for the course

Spoiler:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users